iglüOS is our custom Raspbian Lite-based distribution built for Nacdlow’s iglü. It allows you to have an OS image for the Raspberry Pi with iglü installed as a service, which boots on startup.
It also allows you to also set up WiFi configuration (eduroam, in this case) for expo purposes.
Our distribution includes the following changes:
- Support for Real-time Clock (specifically, PCF8523), and removes the
- Support for using Raspberry Pi’s Ethernet adapter (appears as Ethernet gadget
device over USB, static ip set to
- Support for eduroam with pre-filled credentials.
- Installs iglü server and adds it as a service.
- Installs and runs our e-ink display program as a service.
- Enables SPI for e-ink display support.
We ran this distribution on a Raspberry Pi Zero W, which contains a Waveshare e-ink display and a real-time click (RTC). We placed this in a 3D-printed case printed on a Prusa 3D printer at the Edinburgh Hacklab.